Seasoned Engineer and Executive recognized for introducing disruptive technologies and seamlessly navigating the transition of technological promise to tangible business results while advancing operational excellence.
Dynamic leader with extensive experience architecting, designing, and implementing high-performing, secure software products and services. Able to effectively direct and manage teams with a focused work ethic and a keen understanding for organizing and streamlining operations. Diverse technical background that spans software engineering, infrastructure architecture, operations, and management coupled with history in project management across enterprise-wide implementation initiatives. Top performer with a proven ability to leverage Market Intelligence, Business Strategy, Engineering Management, and Team Leadership skills toward coordinating project teams in developing innovative solutions and creating stable architectural blueprints that enhance business ROI. Ethical and empathetic leader with a deep passion for leveraging innovative strategies to maximize diversity, equity, and inclusion practices within organizations.
- Directed a full operational assessment that identified multiple mitigation opportunities; headed renegotiations to garner discounts, streamlined workflows, and nurtured a culture of thrift that delivered a 15% reduction in operating costs.
- Introduced weekly reporting, metrics monitoring, and prioritization that significantly improved monthly helpdesk ticket close rates from 62% to 159% in only six months.
- Implemented Lean and Agile process that supported the optimized development of centralized processes for code reviews, static code analysis, unit testing, design reviews, and design swarms.
- Captained a seamless Data Center migration; meeting all requirements with zero downtime for business users throughout business hours.
Recent Career Experience
NextLOGiK, Columbia, MD
12/16 - 12/22
Chief Operating Officer (9/19 -12/22)
Thought Leader that delivered a consistent and data-driven operational and strategic vision across back office, sales, and product delivery activities. Oversaw daily operations, driving the development, implementation, and improvement of infrastructure and operations to execute against performance targets and improve cross-functional alignment. Behind the scenes problem solver that tackled complications with patience and diligence, balancing short-term plugs and long-term solutions. Communications conduit between the Board of Directors and the team, defining and transforming mission into executable plans. Owned and facilitated all operating costs to maximize profitability, efficiency and scalability.
- Overhauled and restructured responsibilities, building a more efficient team and cutting payroll costs by 17%.
- Cultivated an exceptional work environment through mentorship of leadership teams and championing collaboration and transparency throughout the organization.
- Pursued opportunities to add value to existing customer systems, gaining billable professional services increasing ARR by nearly 30% on existing contracts.
- Bridged team communication gaps and fostered a positive team culture that secured a 90%+ retention rate, an overall improvement from a 60%+ turnover in two years under previous management.
- Delivered tailored guidance and direction to the Sales team and Business Analysts that improved product quality
- Completed hands-on coding and analysis to ensure struggling projects met deadlines.
- Initially onboarded to serve as a Software Engineer; quickly promoted to executive role due to strong leadership qualities.
Becton Dickson, Reston, VA
5/16 - 12/16
Software Engineering Manager
Aligned a team of 14 Software Engineers in the development of mobile and web services across multiple environments, including native IOS, Android, and Xamarin for this $10.5B global medical device manufacturer. Applied interdisciplinary and collaborative approach to the planning and design of system solutions.
- Drove alignment across a team of Project Managers and Product Owners for a portfolio of 24 independent projects.
- Served as the Security Champion for the satellite office and led all secure coding inspections.
- Architected a new mobile platform based on Microsoft IOT Azure with micro services, leveraging DocumentDB, Xamarin, Luis.ai, and Microsoft Chatbot.
AmerisourceBergen, Lash Group, Rockville, MD
7/15 - 5/16
Application Developer IV
Delivered applications for business through analysis of requirements to clarify specifications and technical solutions aligned with business needs. Directed a team of five Developers in the building of applications by translating specifications into the programming language and forecasting solutions to anticipate problems. Fostered a thorough approach to finalizing developed applications by participating in testing of functionality and analyzing sample datasets to ensure accuracy of output.
- Captained the design of the RESTful messaging application utilizing C# 4 (.NET Framework 4.5) MVC 5, Web API 2.2, and Entity Framework 6.2.
- Marshalled efforts across local and offshore development teams building a synthesized focus across operations.
- Developed a responsive Web UI for middleware, employing MVC, Knockout, Bootstrap, Moment, and JQuery Datatable.
Clinical Care Options, Reston, VA
9/12 - 5/14
Main technical authority that aligned functionalities across a Software Engineer team of nine and three Software Test Engineers to define the delivery methodology of web-based and mobile products in addition to internal products. Developed and advanced best practices in systems and software design, development, and deployment, balancing short-term and long-term needs and strategies. Key technology advisor in the development and updating of IT capability and lifecycle roadmaps.
- Introduced an Agile Scrum methodology to teams previously operating within disorganized and ill-defined systems.
- Orchestrated and oversaw a SharePoint upgrade from 2007 to 2010, a business critical workflow system, completed all update needs with zero disruptions to business usage.
- Targeted and recruited top talent, building a high caliber team gained recognition as the team with the lowest technical staff turnover in company history (0%), compared to 25% turnover during the previous two years.
- Vice President of Technical Solutions, X3O Emerging Technologies, Rockville, MD
- Senior Manager, Software Development, Prometric, Baltimore, MD
- Multichannel Transmission Systems Operator, United States Army, Fort Bragg, NC